Name:
Location: New York, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One last look...


... before the frog pond.

I vow to DO A GAUGE SWATCH. I didn't before. I figured it was just a sock, how important could gauge be?

I have learned my lesson. ALWAYS swatch!

Now, how to do that when you are making up your own pattern, like how I am for my hubby's hunting hat, I don't know. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana Marie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has to be so disappointing. I didn't correctly swatch for my attempted sock and it was too tight at the top. It actually felt good to frog it because I had this bad feeling it wasn't going to work out. "If at first we don't succeed, try, try again!"

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana. Gauge is important. And you look cute with your puppy.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I can't offer any helpful directions on how to do gauge for your own designs, but Amanda is right, to swatch in the round if you are doing the project in the round, etc. I'm still struggling with gauge on this camisole and hopefully will hit a groove soon.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I actually DID swatches before knitting my socks, but it took three pair before I figured out how to get it to fit my foot. So I'm not the one to ask about doing the math! But, I sympathize with you. Visit my blog for my own sock nightmare.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home