Name:
Location: New York, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

Back to my regularly scheduled Blog...

Thankfully, a new book came to my rescue Saturday when I was feeling quite upset about the bike path dangers.

"Found" by Karen Kingsbury.

I read it in about a day. Typical for Karen Kingsbury books. I picked it up at the store Saturday afternoon and had it finished before church on Sunday! I absolutely ADORE Karen Kingsbury.

I started reading the Redemption Series, a five book series that follows the lives of 5 children, last summer and have been hooked ever since. What I love about her books is that they tell stories of people that are faced with real temptation, with real trials- sometimes they make the right decisions and sometimes they don't. But, despite what choices they make, God forgives and is the only one able to piece their lives back together. I would HIGHLY recommend her books! A great Thanksgiving read!

I also did some swapping shopping. :) Always a joy to do that.


Check out these Napoleon Dynamite socks I found! It was meant to be- I was strolling through the store to pick up a catalogorder and passed the sock section. This pack was the only one like it. YEEEESSSSSSS! SWEEEEET!!! They are for my cousin... Hope she doesn't read this!


In knitting news... I heard from a little birdie that the yarn she ordered for the wild thing knee socks arrived today. According to my calculations, as I ordered one day later than she, mine should arrive tomorrow! I'm still pluggin' along on my cabled sweater... I hope to finish the front this long weekend.

So... what are your Thanksgiving project plans?

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

That book sounds really good. I have yet to read any of Karen Kingsburys work. Guess you've just added more to my list! Those socks are hysterical. My daughter would die for them. Too funny!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Well, I just finished a secret gift project, so I think I'll start a shawl for my Thanksgiving knitting. I printed off Forest Canopy and have just the yarn.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stories sound really good. I will have to look them up. I love those socks too--my husband loves Napoleon Dynamite. Especially, because his first name is Pedro and his last name is Sanchez heehee.... Its a good thing he goes by his middle name: Ricardo:)

I did get him that Tshirt: Vote for Pedro!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished When God Weeps last night. A very tough, but very good read. I finished my knitting mystery too, (will post about these books soon), so I'm going to concentrate on finishing more of the CPH sweater if I can, and maybe assembling the Christmas tree.

I don't know about Napoleon Dynamite (didn't see it) -- it sounds like a lot of people like the movie though!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home